Spent most of the day yesterday in the ER. I have been covered in hives, lost my voice, and wheezing for a couple of days so I decided to just go. I don't have allergies other than mold and I've never had breathing problems so this was all brand new. They ran some tests and discovered that my thyroid levels are so low that it's basically shutting down. This is not good news. So glad I have the appointment with the Internal Med Dr on Monday and the ER doctor said the same. So I got a breathing treatment, steroids, pepcid, and a shot of benadryl. I recommend this to always be in shot form cause it made me feel like I was walking on clouds. I am a fan! Went home with an inhaler, benedryl, pepcid, and steroids which I will take for the next 5 days. I am pretty excited about the possibility of developing a case of the roid rage.
To sum it all up, Hashimoto (this is what is wrong with me) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashimoto%27s_thyroiditis is not my friend and does not play well with others. I just want this to all go away. I haven't slept in days and my neck looks like the neck of an NFL Offensive Lineman.
This too shall pass. For now, I am just focusing on the things of today and not worrying about the things of tomorrow. (at least I am trying. It's all a Mule can do right?)
No comments:
Post a Comment