Monday, July 11, 2011

What a year

So, I stumbled across this blog today. It's been 3 yrs since I last posted anything so here we go.

Last weekend was the 4th of July and I was reflecting on the past year and all the changes that have happened since July 4, 2010. That weekend, we were just returning from my former boss' ranch for vacation, and we spent the 4th at our former pastors house. 365 days and none of those people are in our lives anymore. So what's happened in those 365 days? We have lost jobs and lost the church we were helping to plant, and lost friendships. Maybe we were just too tired to do it all. Who knows. But moral of the story, we are still standing, hurts fade, anger calms down and we learn to deal and most important we learn and grow and figure out who is most important to us. I think God puts things in your life to distract you from something major he knows you can't handle and to help you grow even if it's for a moment.

We are in a totally different place now. Tony is in school and will graduate in Aug. I'm preparing to go back to school because apparently having 2 degrees isn't enough for me, I need a couple more. Loosing a job I loved hurt, but being home with my kids has been great and allows us to be more flexible about where Tony gets a job after graduation. We go to a great church now and have really seen a difference in just being in the presence of God every week. Our kids love it and both of them accepted the Lord in in Children's Church a few months ago. What more could a girl ask for??

I encourage you to think back on your past 365 days and what changes have you made, or been made for you? Have you learned from them and are you better because of them?

That's all I have for today.

No comments: