Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacation Packing

We are leaving tomorrow to go to Rapid City, South Dakota to attend the Hills Alive festival and do some family fun. The kids, my Mom, and I all traveling by car on the 8 hour journey that will last for 5 days. I have packed just about everything I own that doesn't have stains or holes in it. At this point I have 3 suitcases full and have not even packed toiletries.  I know I need to narrow it down so we can fit humans in the car too. Does anyone else have this problem? Tony can pack for 7 days using nothing more than a gallon size Ziploc bag. Couple of drawers, couple of t-shirts, pair of shorts, pair of jeans, toothbrush. And he can be going on a business trip or to Disney World. I have to figure out everything we know we are doing, plus the things we may be doing and account for heat, cold, wet, stinky, feeling pretty, feeling bloated and eveverything else. I can honestly say that there have been about 3 times in my entire life that I have put on and worn the first outfit I picked out. I'm that person that has to change clothes at least 3 times. Thus, the reason for all the bags. Well, here is hoping I have everything I need. I'm excited to be taking Lulu (my new LV overnight bag) on her first trip. I think she is excited too.

Our plans include the following:
Hills Alive which is a free family Christian outdoor concert/fun time that Mission of Mercy and Bethesda Radio are sponsors for. We will be working the Mission of Mercy booth Sat and Sun  night getting new sponsors signed up for some adorable children. I'm super excited about seeing our missionary friends Mitch & Char Hilderbrant who moved to Africa last year. Mitch will be speaking at the event. I've missed them so much and may kidnap them so they can't go back. My kids are excited about getting to meet the Veggie Tales and seeing Third Day in concert!! (Tony's not happy he has to miss that)

Mount Rushmore
Custer Park
Laura Ingles Wilder's homestead to see where she lived when she wrote the Little House series.

Then who know! Fun will be had by all

No comments: