What a fun and hot time we had in South Dakota. Hills Alive was amazing and the kids loved having their VIP passes that let them backstage. It was so funny to see them flash their badge at the guards. They loved every second of it. Emma, who isn't a real fan of anything, has changed her world view and she is now a huge fan of 33 miles and Third Day. Not too shabby to go to your first concert and then get to meet the bands after. I don't recall that happening in my childhood.
Working the Mission of Mercy booth brought back all those good feelings I had when I worked there. I love that company and seeing all those little faces on profiles made me miss it. Emma was so passionate about it and jumped right in talking to people trying to get them to sponsor a child. She knew exactly what to say and was so professional. I was so proud of her. 108 kids were sponsored during the event.
The whole weekend was as exciting as it was exhausting! I summed it up by compairing it to a day at Disney World. The heat and humidity were enough to make everyone hate life. I don't know how I lived most of my life in that kind of summer heat. Guess the years of sweat took those memories away. After the third day of sweating thru my clothes I was ready to get back to my non-humid home! We will for sure go back next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment