Friday, August 5, 2011

22 Kids & Counting

Emma and TJ told me tonight that they wanted to live with The Dugger's. I guess they thought I would be upset but I quickly told them that I did too. Who wouldn't? It's loud. There are kids everywhere. They live in this great house and get to skate inside if they want to, they home school, they travel in a bus, and the kids are just all around happy to be in the world kids. Just from the standpoint of a mother, Michelle has it made. The hardest part about her job is giving birth. There are "helper" kids just waiting for the new baby to arrive and to take care of the other kids. No one is ever alone and if she wanted take off upstairs and sneak in a 4 hour nap, she could because the kids are all being watched byy another kid. I think that is why her feathers are never ruffled. She's so calm all the time. I'm on edge before my coffee stops brewing for the morning. These parents know what they are doing and I'm taking notes.

I know that statistically one of them will end up on the streets. According to MTV, 7 of them will have a teen pregnancy and/or STD & at least 3 of them will be gay. And I'm sure those 3 will do like Tammy Faye & Jim Baker's son and wait till the parents are dead before they actually come "out" in an effort to never disappoint. Bottom line is, they are raising good and upstanding children and at least 12 of them will eventually give back to society to make the world a better place. In all seriousness, they are all good kids and will grow up to be great adults.

So all of that being said, we decided to imagine what it would be like if we did live with the Duggers. First off we have to change our names. Since all the kids have names that start with "J" and we don't want to be found out as being "outsiders" we must change our names. TJ was easy, he said he was just going to change his name to JT. Then he just has to flip all his monogrammed towels inside out and doesn't have to invest in new ones. Good call TJ. He's always thinking one step ahead.  Emma decided she was going to be Jemma (way to think outside the box Princess) now we just have to figure out how to hide her red hair. I will now be known as Jemapelle. For those of you who didn't take High School French, that means "my name is". Yes, I put a lot of thought into my Dugger transition. I will just have to work on not wearing pants and it seems that they also don't spend the day in pajamas so that for sure will get me kicked out. I wonder if they make Pajama Skirts? Wait, did I just hear them say they don't  watch TV?? And in unison we all 3 agreed, we are happy being Soldani's!


No comments: