Our life is crazier than usual these days. Tony is in school full time and works part time for a health and wellness clinic. I work full time from home so I can still be a stay home mom. Tony is entering the final courses for the program he is doing right now and will be transferring to nursing school. Recently he was searching for scholarships he could get to help pay for school and we found out a few useful tools of information so I thought I should share.
1) We are old. Yes, Tony is older than me but only by a year. What happens when you find your "calling" late in life, there are not a whole lot of financial options for you. He has submitted so many applications and essays only to get a return letter stating the cut off age is 27. We proceed that by a decade. I guess in the scholarship world they want fresh meat and not for those finally figuring out their life and being able to step back as bread winner to focus on school. I'm not saying that is racist...except maybe I am. Speaking of race
2) White males pushing 40 will always be treated like a professor on campus. Tony is currently in a class with a kid that was born the month and year he graduated high school. This kid calls Tony "old man". Why Tony hasn't locked this kid in the bathroom yet is beyond me.
3) In the world of scholarships, what we did find is that our kids have it made. Having a parent with cancer, people want to fund those careers. As always, I just do what I do for the kids. You are welcome.
1) We are old. Yes, Tony is older than me but only by a year. What happens when you find your "calling" late in life, there are not a whole lot of financial options for you. He has submitted so many applications and essays only to get a return letter stating the cut off age is 27. We proceed that by a decade. I guess in the scholarship world they want fresh meat and not for those finally figuring out their life and being able to step back as bread winner to focus on school. I'm not saying that is racist...except maybe I am. Speaking of race
2) White males pushing 40 will always be treated like a professor on campus. Tony is currently in a class with a kid that was born the month and year he graduated high school. This kid calls Tony "old man". Why Tony hasn't locked this kid in the bathroom yet is beyond me.
3) In the world of scholarships, what we did find is that our kids have it made. Having a parent with cancer, people want to fund those careers. As always, I just do what I do for the kids. You are welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment