Got an infection in my incision that put me in the hospital for 2 days hooked up to iv antibiotics. Luckly the infection was still new so it had not spread to anywhere else. I can't imagine what the treatment would be like had it gotten worse because what I went through was awful enough. The antibiotics make me vomit and the nurses are not that kind in bringing you anti-nausea meds because I asked for Phenegren because Zofran, which I believe the hospital is getting a kick back from because of how often they push that on you, gives me major headaches. I would think if I had to decide between dosing a patient up with the nausea meds she asked for and cleaning up vomit, it wouldn't be a hard choice. I understand that the Phenegren weakens the veins which is why they don't use it but I have bad veins and have to get my iv site changed every 12 hrs as it is so give me the dang drug.
This blog is short because I'm too sick and too tired to do more. But here are some pictures. Try to hold your cookies.
Infection Day 1
Infection Day 2
Infection Day 4
This blog is short because I'm too sick and too tired to do more. But here are some pictures. Try to hold your cookies.
Infection Day 1
Infection Day 2
Infection Day 4
No comments:
Post a Comment