Today I'm officially 1 week post-op. I woke up this morning feeling so much better than I have in the past 7 days. I haven't taken anything stronger than Advil and have had a little energy to get up and do something. Now, when I say a little energy, I mean A LITTLE. Or what I describe as, the energy of a house cat. I can get up and play for about 30 min, then I need to lay down for 2 hours. Also, I'm addicted to catnip but that's a story for another day.
I got up this morning and put dinner in the crock pot and it's smelling nice. My goal is to do a crock pot dinner every night this week. Since my house cat energy doesn't allow me to do a whole lot, getting this done in the morning is huge. Also, Tony is officially working 2 full-time jobs now. He got a job as a Personal Trainer at Balley's Total Fitness and an opportunity at Kohl's for a position he had 2 yrs ago opened up and he jumped on it. It will be good to have income again. I'm out of body parts I can sell.
Back to me.
Here is what day 7 looks like. Warning: May cause blindness. This is pure, unaltered House Cat Allyson. It took more energy to take these pictures than it did to clean my kitchen this morning. Therefore, hair and makeup are not on my priority list.
Before I sign off for the day I have to share a great invention Tony came up to help me after surgery. I was having a hard time finding an icepack that would fit across my throat and not slip off or put too much pressure on it. Here is what he came up with and it has been a lifesaver!
Ziplock Bag full of ice & Pillowcase
That's all I have for now. Not sure why my color changed to blue but it's soothing so I'll go with it. Tomorrow is my post-op appointment with my surgeon and I will get all the down and dirty results and find out the next steps. Tune in.........Wow, this blue is really soothing. I just took a little cat nap!
I got up this morning and put dinner in the crock pot and it's smelling nice. My goal is to do a crock pot dinner every night this week. Since my house cat energy doesn't allow me to do a whole lot, getting this done in the morning is huge. Also, Tony is officially working 2 full-time jobs now. He got a job as a Personal Trainer at Balley's Total Fitness and an opportunity at Kohl's for a position he had 2 yrs ago opened up and he jumped on it. It will be good to have income again. I'm out of body parts I can sell.
Back to me.
Here is what day 7 looks like. Warning: May cause blindness. This is pure, unaltered House Cat Allyson. It took more energy to take these pictures than it did to clean my kitchen this morning. Therefore, hair and makeup are not on my priority list.
Ziplock Bag full of ice & Pillowcase
You place ziplock bag inside pillowcase in one of the corners . I actually fold the sides to make it long & thin like a scarf would be.
then wrap pillow case around your neck like a scarf. You can secure the end underneath the middle where the ice is so it's not as cold on your chest and it stays in place.
No comments:
Post a Comment