After having so many weeks cooped up in bed and unable to leave the house, it was really great to get out and enjoy this beautiful weekend we had. It's rare to have an 80 degree day without 100 mph winds so we made the best of it.
It all started with one of the best Friday nights I've had in a long time. 3 hours of listening to The Brooklyn Tabernacle Singers. I cannot even put into words how incredible this night was. Other than to say, in a perfect world I would get to do that every Friday night. Better yet, in MY perfect world, I would be up there singing with them every Friday night.
Here are some pictures:
A huge bonus for me was when they first came out, I thought one of the singers looked like Ta'Randa Greene, who I adore. I remember seeing her tweet a few weeks ago that she was at BTC singing but figured it must be a look alike. Then she started singing, and I knew it was her! For those who don't know who she is, she sings Southern Gospel with The Greenes. She was married to Tony Greene who passed away in 2010 to kidney failure. Tony is the younger brother of Kim Hopper, who sings with The Hoppers. So now you know the entire family tree.
After the show, I went up to introduce myself to her and she was just as surprised to see a Greene fan in Colorado, as I was to see her there. It was amazing. She is so beautiful and one of the best singers I've ever heard. I could listen to her all day.
Saturday, we woke up and went to my Mom and Ray's to help them with some yard work they needed done. It was such a beautiful day, we were all itching to be out in it. It was nice to actually get a little Vitamin D from the sun and not from a bottle. The kids had fun digging in the dirt. Not sure what the purpose of them digging was, but they were on a mission and there was no telling them otherwise. To end the day we had a Crab Boil which was beyond delicious! I've always wanted to make one so I finally did with a lot of help from my Mom. We will be doing that again!
It all started with one of the best Friday nights I've had in a long time. 3 hours of listening to The Brooklyn Tabernacle Singers. I cannot even put into words how incredible this night was. Other than to say, in a perfect world I would get to do that every Friday night. Better yet, in MY perfect world, I would be up there singing with them every Friday night.
Here are some pictures:
A huge bonus for me was when they first came out, I thought one of the singers looked like Ta'Randa Greene, who I adore. I remember seeing her tweet a few weeks ago that she was at BTC singing but figured it must be a look alike. Then she started singing, and I knew it was her! For those who don't know who she is, she sings Southern Gospel with The Greenes. She was married to Tony Greene who passed away in 2010 to kidney failure. Tony is the younger brother of Kim Hopper, who sings with The Hoppers. So now you know the entire family tree.
After the show, I went up to introduce myself to her and she was just as surprised to see a Greene fan in Colorado, as I was to see her there. It was amazing. She is so beautiful and one of the best singers I've ever heard. I could listen to her all day.
Saturday, we woke up and went to my Mom and Ray's to help them with some yard work they needed done. It was such a beautiful day, we were all itching to be out in it. It was nice to actually get a little Vitamin D from the sun and not from a bottle. The kids had fun digging in the dirt. Not sure what the purpose of them digging was, but they were on a mission and there was no telling them otherwise. To end the day we had a Crab Boil which was beyond delicious! I've always wanted to make one so I finally did with a lot of help from my Mom. We will be doing that again!
No comments:
Post a Comment