Sunday, March 11, 2012

The BTC is coming to see MEEE!!!

Well, not ME to be exact but in my little world, they are! So here's a little bit of background. First of all, I don't really get star struck. In my fantasy world, most well known celebrities and musicians, (one in particular NFL player) I already consider my friends. Of course there is the exception of my first meeting with David Phelps 10 years ago and I almost passed out. But now, of course, we are the best of friends and I have the retweets to prove it! My fantasy world is amazing. Everyone should be a part of it.

Now, some people would read this and think, "that girl has gone off the edge" but that's not the case. As Tony tells me all the time, and Bill Gaither once said to me "it's just one of the wonderful quirks that makes them love me" I just consider that if I'm a fan of someone, they in turn are a fan of me. Cause we all know, I'm fantastic!

That being said, My going to church with Niki Cruz (he is one of the founding pastors) is just part of going to church. We fist bump on Sunday mornings, and that's that. Cause we are cool like that. Going to church under the leadership of Gary Wilkerson (the president of World Challenge and the son of David Wilkerson to name drop a few times) is the best thing in the world. I get to hug him twice a week and he knows my name. I say twice a week, because he is sort of stalking me and always ends up at the restaurants I eat at with my Mother every Thursday. But again, he's as happy to see me as I am to see him. Equal! Gary and Niki have been huge parts in the spiritual awakening in my household over the past 2 1/2 years and I am forever thankful for their leadership!

Now, here's where it gets good. Pastor Jim Cymbala is one of the founding Pastors of my church. When I first learned of this, I almost peed my pants in excitement. But I was wearing spanks that morning and you can only wash those so many times you know? JIM CYMBALA!! (or Cymbalta as I usually say) Are you kidding me?? The pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle Church! As in Jim and Carol Cymbala who is the choir director for the BROOKLYN TABERNACLE CHOIR!! I have been a fan and have been singing BTC songs since I was 10 years old. I have every one of their songs on my ipod and in fact listened to the new CD all the way to church this morning, because that is just what I do. I-AM-A-FAN! It helps that the church I grew up in, and was part of the choir for my entire adolescence,  was a devout BTC follower. (all of you SSAG readers, you just get where I'm coming from here)

It's always been my dream to go to BTC and sit in a sermon. And when I got to church this morning I found out that I will get to do just that exact thing only THEY WERE COMING TO ME! In April, Jim Cymbala and the BTC are coming to The Springs Church to do both services. I suddenly felt like I was on the Oprah show winning a new car when I got the news. And the only other person as excited as I was, would be my Mother. But she didn't scream, jump up and down, and pass out like I did. She just smiled and said "cool" Cause Donna isn't star struck by anyone. Tony just leaned over and said "guess we will be sitting through both services that day" he gets it!

This blog would be no good if I didn't at least leave you with a little BTC. So here ya go. Enjoy! And just a quick shout out to a few people for making me the BTC fan that I am- Bro. Phil, Bro. Randy, Sis. Judy, Sis. Lynette.
Here are just a few of my favorites. Enjoy!




No comments: