Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fun times with Big Tex

Before I begin, I want to give a little public service announcement: When going on a 600 mile trip for a weekend wedding, do not...I repeat DO NOT leave your house without making 100% sure, that you have put inside your car the clothes you and your husband intend to wear to the wedding!!

Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way here we go.

We had a great trip to Texas. Saw family I haven't seen in years and got to see my baby cousin and the last of my little generation of family to get married. It was such a sweet wedding. Casey was as beautiful as ever. And I haven't seen Bradon and Kacie (aka K-Kacie) since our grandfather died 4 years ago. It was like old times being all together. Only thing missing was my big brother Chris. To understand my family unit, you must understand that I Brandon, Casey and I grew up more like brother and sisters than 1st cousins. We grew up just miles away from one another and went to the same church, school, spent summers at our grandparents together, helped out at the family business when needed or bored...basically 5 out of 7 days a week were spent together. We have a bond that is unique and very special. Even if it has always kept Brandon and I in time-out! Then we grew up, and all scattered. So being together this weekend shot back a flood of memories of how much you don't realize you miss having someone in your life until they are back in touch range for a brief second. Thank God for Social Networking because I would be a real mess.



1 comment:

Lauren Tomlinson said...

I saw some pictures on facebook of the ceremony. My husbands cousin got maried in that same building. really cool location. Any you are absolutely right...Casey looked beautiful!