Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas and Children

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas is so different when you have kids. Watching everything through the eyes of a child is magical. It really is what the season is all about. My niece Sophie Rose is 2 this year and everything was so exciting and new to her. I literally spent all of Christmas Eve watching her enjoy and take in every detail. When it was time to unwrap presents, one of the first gift she unwrapped was her new doll house from Noni and Papa Ray. After that, nothing compared. She just kept looking at the picture on the box and rubbing it and saying "see my doll house?" Then she would see someone else open a gift and would say "you see my doll house?"  Actually, the first gift she unwrapped was this giant baby doll I got her which she quickly named Baby Kate after a baby in  her daycare who she adores. I tried to get her to name it Aunt Ally but she wasn't buying it.

The majority of the evening was spent with all 3 kids playing together. I just love how sweet Emma, TJ, and Sophie are with each other. There is a love there that is hard to explain. Sophie looks up to them like they are her older siblings and they treat her like she is their baby. I come from an extremly close family and seeing how much love there is between them as cousins just makes Chris, Stacy, Tony, and I know we are doing something right in this parenting thing! Even if it's by accident.

So what have I been up to lately? Well, I've started the application process to lead a ThyCa group here in Colorado Springs. I'm very excited about it. Tony just got a job as a Personal Trainer at the Colorado Athletic Club in Denver. He is also working on getting certified in training cancer patients, and TRX training. I showed Emma how to shave her pits. <---that has to be the most exciting! I only gagged twice. Seriously, I had no idea when I married her hot Italian daddy that I would end up with an adorable hairy Italian daughter. Wouldn't it be our luck that TJ get's his hairy genes from my side of the family...we don't have any. I can't believe how big my kids are getting. Just overheard Emma telling Tony she wanted to be a vegitarian like Mommy. He said that was her decision and he would never push anything on her. He only cares about what Football team she cheers for. And she's an Eagle fan. Why? Because she likes their green uniforms.

No comments: