
How has it been a year since you left us? Cancer took you from us and led you straight to heaven where you lived your life to go, but it put a giant hole down here that a lot of us are having trouble digging out of. So much has happened and changed. You have always inspired change. None more than me. You are timeless and selfless and more than anyone can put into words but at the same time humble. You helped raise me. You helped shape me. You adopted me as your "daughter" and I helped you raise your kids. I don't think I could tell you the many hours I just watched you. Flawless, funny, able to get down and dirty with all those boys.
You were the reason I dreamed of being a wife and mom. Since I was a small child, I looked at you in awe wanting to be you. For you to allow me to hang out with you and the countless spend the nights was huge. Conversations that went deep into the night. The belly aches from laughter. Endless prayers and tears. You allowed my Mom to be able to go out of town for work and know someone was taking care of her girl. Your family became my family. "I love you Ally Bump". That is the last thing you said to me and I would give anything to hear it one more time but more so, I want to be where you are now when you say it to me.
When I had my own kids, you were still there to guide me. I have all of your letters and cards and read them when I need you. The day you took your last breath, I feel like I finally took my first.. So many people have been touched by your guidance and influence and that was life affirming to witness. People never know how their life impacts others until they pass away. People stood in line for hours just to say goodbye and thank you. Wow. How many can say that will happen with they die? I knew when you left me I would never be the same. I am still learning how true that is.
I started on a journey to change myself spiritually, physically, and mentally. In doing this I begin to finally see me. Not just Donna's daughter, Chris and Rusty's little sister, Tony's wife, Emma and TJ's Mom but Allyson Ann. I never allowed myself to really get to know myself. I started keeping a journal and I think I bought every bible study book I could find. I eliminated people in my life that were negative and unnecessary and clung to those who I needed. Even started making those crazy phone calls like the old days. I realized I needed certain people in my life and I begin to establish real, tangible relationships with them. I reached out to family members I wanted to get to know better and started building that foundation. In my journal I write down the needs of others along with goals I want to accomplish and there are 2 families we support their ministry and continue to pray that the Lord provides that extra to continue to do this so I write this down every day.
The physical aspect was the hardest. Knowing I never wanted to be the same person I was Aug 2014, I knew drastic things had to happen. With my health issues and chronic pain, there are weeks that can go by without much movement from my body but a body in motion will stay in motion so, I got in motion. We have a gym in our garage so I knew even if I did not change anything diet wise, adding cardio and weight would help. Crazy thing happens when you exercise, you actually want to eat better. I cut out a lot of things but at the same time, if I want it, I eat it. Tony and I started doing Beach Body for the portion control aspect. I cannot do the exercises they provide but I am a very visual person so having those cups to fill and eat from is exactly what clicked. Suddenly the pounds started falling off and my body started to do what the Lord designed it to do. That is when Thrive came into my life. The 3 products I take everyday give me the vitamins, energy, joint mobility and help with the cravings. At this exact moment, 1 year later, I have lost 90 lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment