It's no accident that one of the things I'm most thankful for, happened to be born in the month of being Thankful! I can't believe I'm the mother of an 11 year old. Happy Birthday to my baby girl Emma Rae Soldani. The day she was born is the day I became alive for the first time. I had no idea how much being a Mother would change me and how naturally it would be at the same time. She's the first born so it's been a lot of trial and error (mostly error) and the older she gets the more new and unfamiliar issues arise. It's been 11 years and I still can't believe I'm her mother. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't find myself just staring at her and thinking I can't believe she is mine. Because she is, there are also a lot of moments I stare at her and think "where in the world did that come from and I'm so glad she's pretty" lol Seriously, she's a red-headed Italian. Not to put labels on my kid, but the red heads have nothing on the blonds. You laugh, cause you know it's true!
I love you my sweet Emma-limma-ding-dong. You made me a mother, you've opened my eyes to things I've never seen. You literally take time to stop and smell the roses and always think of others before yourself. You have a servants heart and you hurt when other's are hurting. The older you get, the greater this passion to help the lost and suffering becomes.
You were named after 2 of the greatest women I've ever know, my Aunt Mary Emma, and your Great-Grandma Rae Soldani. Since the day you were born I've prayed you would take on the greatest parts of them and you have. You come from a long line of amazing women and you have pieces of them flowing through you and it makes me cry happy tears that I helped make you!
You don't understand sarcasm but I will still keep you. I just pray I don't screw you up and if I do, you can find a great Therapist.
I love you my sweet Emma-limma-ding-dong. You made me a mother, you've opened my eyes to things I've never seen. You literally take time to stop and smell the roses and always think of others before yourself. You have a servants heart and you hurt when other's are hurting. The older you get, the greater this passion to help the lost and suffering becomes.
You were named after 2 of the greatest women I've ever know, my Aunt Mary Emma, and your Great-Grandma Rae Soldani. Since the day you were born I've prayed you would take on the greatest parts of them and you have. You come from a long line of amazing women and you have pieces of them flowing through you and it makes me cry happy tears that I helped make you!
You don't understand sarcasm but I will still keep you. I just pray I don't screw you up and if I do, you can find a great Therapist.


No comments:
Post a Comment